Florida Department of Health - Highlands County
7205 South George Boulevard Sebring, FL 33875
Family planning promotes the well-being of families, responsible behavior, and healthy mothers and babies.
The Family Planning Program at the Florida Department of Health in Highlands County provides education, counseling, reproductive health services, access to birth control supplies, and helps clients choose the number and spacing of their children. This program helps both men and women maintain good reproductive health through planned pregnancies by offering a wide range of famliy planning services, such as:
- Annual physicals, including pap smears and breast exams;
- Breast and cervical cancer referrals;
- Pregnancy testing;
- Birth control choices;
- Free condoms;
- Emergency contraception pills;
- Female tubal ligation;
- Male vasectomy;
- Counseling, testing, and treatment for STDs and HIV; and,
- Education on the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.