On February, 3, State Surgeon General and Secretary of Health Dr. John Armstrong issued a Declaration of Public Health Emergency regarding the Zika virus. There are simple steps we can all take to protect ourselves from Zika and all mosquito-borne illness: Drain standing water, no matter how seemingly small, cover your skin with mosquito repellent and protective clothing.
The Florida Department of Health in Highlands County encourages all residents and visitors to fight the flu by getting a seasonal flu shot. It's the best way to protect yourself and those around you from getting sick, which results in time lost from work and school.
Flu vaccine is available at the health department. Please call 863-386-6040 for more information or to make an appointment.
No events at this time
- During Children's Dental Health Month, Florida Health Highlights Success of School-Based Sealant Program
- Donna Walsh Named Health Officer for DOH-Seminole
- Florida Department of Health Recognizes 2017 Healthy Weight Community Champions
- Florida Department of Health Issues Suspension and Restriction Orders
- Department to Host Public Workshops on Amendment 2 Implementation
- Gov. Scott's “Fighting for Florida’s Future" Budget Makes Key Investments in Zika Preparedness
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals